This week was Digital Citizenship Week at YIS. Across the school, students were exploring what it means to be a citizen in an online world. In 2R we spoke to a degree about online safety, and different students’ online habits, but it was in exploring ideas of finding balance that we really got into it.
In the past few posts where I’ve explored my sense of what should be part of each school day I’ve looked at the value of hands-on, hearts-on learning, and of being outdoors, physical and creative. This time I want to look a little bit more at the content of the learning, [...]
By the end of this past summer I felt about as fit and in shape as I ever have. After having spent most days on the road, cycling over 1500 km and making nearly twenty short films, through the course of my Green Riders project, I was in a [...]
Nearly every school year, somewhere early on, I end up doing some sort of informal survey, or engaging in a broad conversation with my students about different ways of learning. The learning strategies I touch on mostly draw from Howard Gardner’s Multiple Intelligences.
This year, just ankle-deep in our first unit of [...]
Coming off the back of my research on the world of timetabling, I find this lingering question of what should be part of each and every day. I suppose when I ask this, I’m mostly asking about a school day, because those are the bulk [...]
MY CLASS BLOGThis is my classy, yet personal blog. For my less personal –but perhaps classier– classroom blog, click here.
- A love letter to the Voyager1 & our seemingly lost drive to connect with the universe. Breathtaking. Go HD/FS - 4min vimeo.com/postpanic/star… 1 month ago
- given conflicting messages, people trust non verbal over verbal messages. Maybe we believe it's easier to deceive verbally? #yispd 2 months ago
- @travisattis @DBullio @MisterNorris @KaitlynAxelrod Thanks for the support! You've all got a room waiting in Tanzania! 4 months ago
- Holy Crap! Destination confirmed! @aleaf and I are headed to Tanzania for the next few years! istafrica.com 4 months ago
- @MisterNorris @aleaf Thanks Mitch! Happy NY! 4 months ago
- On the job hunt trail with @aleaf Off to the Bangkok fair in Jan… World wide open. Any suggestions for a tech and classroom role? 4 months ago
- Why Finland's Unorthodox Education System Is The Best In The World businessinsider.com/finlands-educa… via @businessinsider 5 months ago
- The last step… Chapter 7012 in the long #coetail road starts now at #yis livestream: livestream.com/yis 5 months ago
- @mkurashige let us know how it goes when you try the Voicethread collections with upper elem! 5 months ago
many hats by Jamie Raskin is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.